(last database update: Fri Feb 26 15:13:12 2021 PST)
|:: General Customer Policy ::||
Please click here for a French translation of our General Sales Policy.
- We do not provide cash refunds or exchanges. In the event that we accept a return for store credit, it will
be credited at the lower of the current price and the original purchase price.
- There is absolutely no refunds or exchanges on Manga (graphic novels).
- We do not accept verbal, e-mail, or faxed orders. All orders must be transmitted directly thru our website.
- We cannot guarantee the availability of any discs. Any special orders, which we are unable to fill within 90 days,
will be cancelled. Any confirmed defective items will be credited at the lower of the original purchase price or
the current replacement price.
Defective Replacement Policy
- The manufacturer's decision is final in the determination of whether a disc is defective. In particular, we do not warranty transfer quality,
audio reproduction, letterboxing, or any other manufacturer conditions. Returns will not be allowed due to dis-satisfaction with the "print
quality" of any discs.
- A defective return authorization number (RA#) must be obtained prior to a customer returning any defective discs. An RA# may be requested by
contacting our customer service.
- An RA# will be assigned via E-Mail to the customer's E-Mail address. The assigned RA# must be attached to the defective disc together with the
precise location (side/time/frame) and nature of the defect clearly specified. Discs sent without an RA# will be returned to the customer freight
collect. Defective discs must be sent freight prepaid to
C&L InterNet Club
100 - 3731 North Fraser Way
Burnaby, BC Canada V5J 5J2
- The customer is responsible for all shipping charges "to" and "from", related to replacing defects.
In the case of shipping error by C&L, the customer will be credited with one free shipping on the next
- Defective confirmation often requires a minimum 4 weeks processing time. A credit note based on the lower of
the original purchase price or the current replacement cost will be issued only after thorough examination.
- If the customer wants to replace the confirmed defective disc, he/she will have to place a new order based on
the current price. The current price may not be same as the original purchase price.
- Rejected defective discs will be returned to the customer at the customer's expense.
- Damage Product Claim
- Be sure to note damaged product when signing the delivery waybill.
- C&L is not responsible for replacement of damaged product signed for as acceptable.
- Fax a copy of the delivery receipt (604-327-3472) with the damage clearly and specifically marked. (Be sure to include your membership number.)
- Send us an E-mail stating the problems and we will contact the freight carrier and file a claim.
- Upon receipt/verification of a damage claim from the carrier, we will reship the
product or credit for product damaged at the invoice price upto the maximum available freight insurance.
Taxes and Freight Charges
- GST/HST applies to all shipments within Canada.
- Freight Policies
- For customers with established purchase history, all in-stock orders received by noon, Pacific Time (GMT-8),
will ship on the same business day. (See New Releases Delivery below).
- Customers may select to use either UPS or Canada Xpresspost (UPS does not deliver to P.O. Boxes).
- Shipping rates apply on a per shipment basis.
- For the purpose of shipping charges, a box set counts as one (1) DVD.
- Your first shipment must be delivered to an address verifiable by your credit card bank (see Payment Method below).
- With the exception of a few outlying regions, all shipments are guaranteed to deliver within 2 business days.
- Each shipment will require a recipient signature. If a signature is not available,
a card will be left informing you that the package is waiting to be picked up at the nearest
Canada Post office (XpressPost) or UPS Depot (UPS).
- Depending on the size and value of the shipment, as well as the delivery location, C&L reserves the final
decision to choose the courier best suited for delivery purpose.
New Releases Delivery: Due to studio's street date policies, all new releases
from major studios will be timed to deliver on Street Date.
- Freight Charges
Shipping charges will be shown on the checkout page
Address Correction/Redirection Charges
Additional shipping charges will be billed to the customer account if any one of the following occurs
- The courier is required to make an address correction due to incorrect information supplied by the
customer (such as wrong postal code).
- The courier is asked by the customer to redirect the shipment.
- Freight Insurance
For the protection of our customers, insurance coverage is applied
to all shipments in accordance with the following table:
* Insurance coverage applies on a per shipment basis, net of taxes. For example, if several small orders are grouped and shipped as a single shipment that is over $300, then mandatory insurance is applied to the resulting shipment.
|Shipment Value*||Insurance Coverage|
|$100 or lower||insurance is included at no additional charge|
|$100 to $300**||first $100 is included, additional insurance is optional at $0.75 per $100 shipment value|
|$300 or higher||first $100 is included. Customers paying by Money Order or Direct Deposit have the option of purchasing additional insurance at $0.75 per $100 shipment value. Additional insurance is mandatory for customers using VISA/MC.|
** Regardless of shipment value/payment method, full insurance coverage is mandatory for first time customers and for customers who have not made a purchase within the past 12 months.
- We accept Visa and Mastercard on our secure server. If you are making your first purchase with us, it is our
policy to contact the issuing bank to verify that your first shipment is shipping to your credit card billing address.
If you wish to ship to an alternate address (such as your work address), please contact your credit card company to add
a ship-to address to your credit card information profile.
This security measure may occasionally cause a delay, but it is necessary to minimize fraud and to protect our customers.
You may change your ship-to address for subsequent shipments.
- You may also pay (in advance) by Interac Email Transfer, by direct deposit to our bank account, or by Money Order drawn in Canadian funds made payable to: C&L InterNet Club.
Please email accounting@theCNL.com for details.
- We do not ship C.O.D.
Conditions of Sales
- C&L pricing is in Canadian Dollars (CAD).
- Preorders on new releases will be billed to the customer's account at the time of order.
Catalog products will be billed when the products are shipped.
- Products are shipped to the customer as soon as they become available.
- We cannot make any adjustment to your order once it has been invoiced and shipped.
- It is in our best interest to deliver product to our customer as soon as possible and for this reason,
we DO NOT HOLD in-stock product.
- We will cease selling to a customer who refuses a shipment for any reason.
All titles listed are only programs available with consumer retail distribution rights in the U.S. and Canadian Territory.
Any title may not be available as scheduled or indicated. Prices, specification and availability of titles are always subject to change without notice.
The materials in this site are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind either expressed or implied. To the fullest
extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, C&L disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to,
implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. C&L does not warrant that the functions contained
in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected or that this site or the server that makes
it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. C&L does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use
of the materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability or otherwise. You (and not C&L) assume the
entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties,
so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
C&L reserves the right to modify our policies or discontinue any sales program without notice.
For more info please contact our customer service.
C&L reserves the right to accept or refuse any order and any members at our absolute own discretion.