Stanley Kubrick’s account of an ambitious racetrack robbery is one of Hollywood’s tautest, twistiest noirs. Aided by a radically time-shuffling narrative, razor-sharp dialogue from pulp novelist Jim Thompson, and a phenomenal cast of character actors, including Sterling Hayden, Coleen Gray, Timothy Carey, Elisha Cook Jr., and Marie Windsor, The Killing is both a jaunty thriller and a cold-blooded punch to the gut. And with its precise tracking shots and gratifying sense of irony, it’s Kubrick to the core.
- New digital restoration (with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray edition)
- New video interview with producer James B. Harris
- Excerpted interviews with actor Sterling Hayden from the French television series Cinéma cinémas
- New video interview with poet and author Robert Polito about writer Jim Thompson
- Restored high-definition digital transfer of Stanley Kubrick’s 1955 noir feature Killer’s Kiss
- New video appreciation of Killer’s Kiss featuring film critic Geoffrey O’Brien
- PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by film historian Haden Guest and a reprinted interview with actress Marie Windsor