(last database update: Sat Jun 25 17:32:06 2022 PST)
|:: Smart Shopping Tips ::||
Please click here for a French translation of this Smart Shopping Tips page.
Smart Shopping tips for our new DVD members/collectors
Here are some tips to help you organize your DVD collection and save on shipping charges:
- Whenever you find a DVD you are interested in, click on the REMIND
ME button to store the DVD into your REMIND ME list. This REMIND ME list
will update the price, availability and/or the release date information of the DVD
each time you logon to your account.
- When you see that you have enough in-stock DVDs in your REMIND ME
list, drop those DVDs into your SHOPPING CART.
- Try to accumulate at least 2 in-stock DVDs before checking out your SHOPPING CART.
- For customers who choose UPS Express as your courier, there is a break
in shipping prices between 1-4 DVDs and 5-10 DVDS. To optimize per unit shipping
cost, do not order 5 shippable DVDs.
- When you are ordering a group of in-stock catalog product (product which
has been released), always choose the BACKORDER = 'NO' option. This way,
you won't be shipped and therefore billed separate shipping charges for product which are
out-of-stock at the time of invoice.
- While every effort is made to combine your orders, please do not split 2 shippable orders.
It will end up in 2 shipments and therefore twice the shipping charge. (Plan carefully and combine
all shippable orders under a single P.O.)
- Different DVD titles with the same scheduled release date do
not necessarily ship together. This is due to frequent last minute
changes in release date. In some cases, manufacturing problem or
shipping error will result in product not being delivered on time.
- The stock situation of a title, as indicated by the
Status Bar Indicator,
changes rapidly and is constantly
updated (at least three times a day). A hot item with "Plenty in Stock"
status in the morning may be out of stock by the end of the day. This
is usually due to our large retail/wholesale customer base
who clean up the HOT items without prior warning. Out-of-stock items
are replenished on a daily basis.
Some advice to save you shipping:
If you are not a frequent DVD buyers (over 5-10 DVDs per week), it is best to
take advantage of C&L huge in-stock inventory and same day shipping as follows :
Store the DVDs that you want to buy (thinking of buying) in your REMIND ME list.
Release your REMIND ME items into the shopping cart when you see that
your 'want to buy' items are in stock. Check out your shopping basket and choose the
BACKORDER ='NO' option.
Do not try to time new releases product expecting them to arrive and ship
at the same time. (Release dates and delivery schedules change daily).