Pushing his themes of sexual liberation to their boiling point, Yugoslavian art-house provocateur Dusan Makavejev followed his international sensation WR: Mysteries of the Organism with this full-throated shriek in the face of bourgeois complacency and movie watching. Sweet Movie tackles the limits of personal and political freedom with kaleidoscopic feverishness, shuttling viewers from a gynecological beauty pageant to a grotesque food orgy with scatological, taboo-shattering glee. With its lewd abandon and sketch-comedy perversity, Sweet Movie became both a cult staple and an exemplar of the envelope pushing of 1970s cinema.
- New, restored high-definition digital transfer, supervised by Makavejev
- New video interview with Makavejev by film historian Peter Cowie
- Actress Anna Prucnal sings a song featured in the film
- New and improved English subtitles
- A booklet featuring essayb by Stanley Cavell and David Sterritt